My mom made these the first time a few summers ago, and since then, these little sauceless pizzas have been a summer lunchtime staple. Savory and a touch sweet, they are melt-in-your-mouth delicious.
Makes 6 patties
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1 lb store-bought pizza dough
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 12 ounces Brie cheese, trimmed and sliced*
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blackberries, halved
- 2 cups loosely packed fresh arugula
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 425°. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add onion and cook, stirring often, 20 minutes or until golden brown. Flour hands, and shape each Pizzetta Dough ball into a 6inch round. Place each round on a small piece of parchment paper. Brush with 1 tbsp oil. Top dough rounds with cheese, next 2 ingredients, and onion mixture. Place 6 pizzettas on parchment paper lined cooking sheet and bake at 425° for 12 to 14 minutes or until golden. Toss together arugula, next 2 ingredients, and remaining 1 tbsp oil. Add salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle baked pizzettas with arugula mixture just before serving.
From Cooking Light