Fake-Out-Take-Out Chicken Fried Rice
Fresh veggies, sliced chicken and brown rice are always in abundance around my kitchen and I love nothing more than takeout Chinese, so after putting the two and two together... another easy and healthy lunch idea!
- 1 cup each of assorted vegetables (I used sprouts, broccoli, carrots, and mushrooms)
- 2 chicken breasts, sliced
- 3 cups of brown rice
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup low-sodium soy sauce (or more if you are a sauce/condiment freak like me)
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare rice according to box directions.
- In a large skillet, add vegetable oil over medium heat. When oil is hot, add garlic and chicken. Cook until chicken is cooked through, approximately 4-5 minutes.
- Add the vegetables and cook until warm through, then add the eggs, breaking them apart like scrambled eggs in the skillet. Turn down the heat to medium-low.
- Add the cooked and brown rice and stir into stir fry.
- Finally, pour the soy sauce and mix until rice and ingredients have been coated.
- Serve or put into a large tupperware container - voila, two to three worth of a delicious work lunch!