Have you heard of gluten-free, carb less, and essentially zero calorie shirataki tofu noodles? They are amazing! Their slippery texture takes a little bit of getting used to, but once boiled and seasoned, the noodles are incredibly delicious! I paired them with sauteed chicken, broccoli, mushrooms, and my favorite Classico pasta sauce, and threw it all in a mason jar to bring to the office. A spaghetti dish without the guilt! Asian Italian, baby!
- Two packages of shirataki noodles - I used the 'spaghetti' variety from House Foods
- A handful of protein of your choice (I used chicken)
- A handful of veggies of you choice (I used broccoli and mushrooms)
- Tablespoon or two of olive oil
- Clove of garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring water to a boil in a medium saucepan and cook the shirataki noodles from 2-3 minutes then drain and rinse (don't over cook them or they get mushy!)
- Add olive oil to a small pan and add protein and veggies - saute for a few minutes until cooked
- Combine the noodles and veggies - then just add the sauce!