36 Hour Travel Diaries: Charleston
This past weekend, my mom, Betsy, her mom, and I took a quick trip to Charleston for Mother's Day. It is truly a magical place! Think windy cobblestone streets lined with palmetto trees, enviable porches, and the best food. Ever.
What to Do:
- Sign up for a walking history tour to get acquainted with the city and learn about its rich cultural and architectural history
- Stroll down up and down King Street for block after block of impressive antique stores and chic boutiques
- Experience the Aiken-Rhett House - a formidable gem relatively untouched since Antebellum times
- Take a culinary tour and taste your way through downtown Charleston all the while learning about the fusion roots of Southern cuisine
- Visit the Nathaniel Russell House - a majestic beauty recently restored