Eggs are one of my favorite things of the moment, especially hard-boiled eggs. And the little guys are nutritional powerhouses! A sprinkle of sea salt and it's the perfect high protein/low fat/vitamin heavy snack. But cooking them well is harder than it seems - either they emerge from their bath undercooked, overcooked or with that weird grey ring. After much trial and error, I found the perfect formula. (PS: Eggland's Best is BY FAR a superior egg! I didn't believe the hype until my mom turned me on to them - they taste fresher and lighter.)
Fool Proof Directions (everytime!):
- Place your eggs in a pot of COLD water and cover completely.
- Add a pinch of salt and a tablespoon of vegetable oil (this will help when you peel your eggs!)
- Bring water to a boil.
- Boil for 10 minutes (I always set a timer because if I don't they will boil a half hour).
- Remove pot from heat, dump out hot water and fill with cold water.
- Let sit for a few minutes, then start peeling your perfectly cooked eggs!