The easiest, creamiest avocado pasta! All that is takes is a few fresh, simple ingredients given a whirl in a food processor: ripe avocado, basil leaves, garlic, lemon juice, and olive oil. Toss it with your favorite noodles- spaghetti, rotini, macaroni- and some fresh veggies (I chose Gemelli and sweet cherry tomatoes).
- 12 ounces pasta
- 2 ripe avocados (halved, seeded and peeled)
- 3-4 fresh basil leaves
- 1-2 cloves garlic (I am a garlic freak so I put to plump cloves, if you aren't a super fan I suggest just 1)
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup good olive oil
- 1 cup or two of your favorite veggies!
- In a large pot, bring water to a boil and cook pasta according to package instructions; drain well.
- To make the avocado sauce, combine avocados, basil, garlic and lemon juice in a food processor; season with salt and pepper, to taste. While still on, add olive oil in a slow stream until emulsified; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine pasta, avocado sauce, and veggies.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!!