I know, I know, anything termed "skinny" is about as basic as it gets, and it turns out making a lighter version of munchkins is a lot harder than it looks. Martha LITERALLY spit out my first iteration last weekend (friends as taste testers<3), so yesterday afternoon I attempted to right the ship and held my breath. Suucccceeesssssss.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 cup plain greek yogurt
- 3 tbs milk
- 1½ tbs butter (room temp)
- 1 tsp vanilla paste or extract
- Preheat oven to 325°
- Mix the flour baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Combine the sugar, egg, Greek yogurt, milk, butter and vanilla.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Generously spray donut pan with non stick.
- Split the batter evenly between the 12 donut molds.
- Bake at 325° for 12-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool in pan for 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer donuts to cooling rack.