This is the best sauce ever. EVER!! Also, (I know I always say this but, really) it is incredibly easy to make- 6 ingredients and 1 saucepan! Thankfully so, since the winter weather has me craving comfort food and I get hungry FAST as soon as it gets dark. And although not necessarily low in fat, this Alfredo is the perfect treat on a cold Sunday night. I sauteed some chicken and broccoli and added it to the pasta this time, but oh, the possibilities! Bean and I inhaled all of it in under 5 minutes (it took a lot of will power to wait to photograph it). If you are going to make one thing from my site, THIS IS IT! Happy Monday. xx
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 2/3 cup Parmesan cheese
- Dash of salt
- Dash of fresh ground pepper
- First, put the cream cheese and butter in a small saucepan.
- Then add the garlic and the milk.
- Next add the Parmesan, the salt and the pepper.
- Place saucepan on the stove over medium heat.
- Stir with a whisk as the cream cheese and the butter melt.
- Once it begins to boil, whisk constantly so it doesn’t burn!
- Lower the heat after about 2-3 min to low heat. Let it cook for about 5-7 minutes more while whisking.
- It will thicken as it cools down- then add to pasta and enjoy!