Meat cupcakes. MMKayy
- 1 box refrigerated Pillsbury refrigerated pie crusts
- 1 tablespoon Healthy Balance
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 1/2 lb lean ground beef
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup beef broth
- 3/4 cup green peas
- 3/4 cup corn niblets
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Unroll pie crusts. Cut 6 rounds from each crust.
- Firmly press each round in bottom and up side of each of 12 ungreased regular-size muffin cups. Bake 7 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven. Reduce heat to 350°F.
- Open green peas and corn and; set aside.
- In a medium skillet, heat butter over medium heat until melted and hot. Add onion to skillet; cook, stirring frequently, until onions are translucent, 3 to 5 minutes. Add beef to skillet; cook 5 to 7 minutes longer, stirring to break up any large pieces; drain. Add broth, salt and pepper. Cook 3 to 5 minutes longer or until mixture is hot and liquid is absorbed. Stir in vegetables.
- Fill each muffin cup with 1/4 cup beef mixture.
- Top each pie with about 1/4 cup of the warm mashed potatoes. Bake at 350°F 25 to 30 minutes or until crusts are golden brown and mashed potatoes are lightly browned.