So here's a not-so-secret confession: I LOVE bar food! Onion Rings. French Fries. Sliders. Quesadillas. WINGS. I mean, the saltier, spicier, and all around messier- the better. That's why I am on a mission to make these american staples a little healthier and a bit more gourmet. These guys turned out so well! Sometimes it is a little tough to eat wings off the bone, but I happily discovered that when they are cooked in the crock pot they come out incredibly tender and literally falling apart. They are the perfect addition to game day! Also, for those who are wondering what a slurry is, it is defined as a mixture of cornstarch and liquid (usually water or stock) used to thicken a sauce or soup. Enjoy! :)
- 1 package chicken drumsticks (about4) and 1 package chicken wingettes (about 6)
- 1/2 cup buffalo wing sauce
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- Thoroughly wash chicken and place in crockpot.
- In a small bowl, mix together hot sauce, chicken broth, apple cider vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, salt, onion powder and garlic powder.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together cornstarch and water with a fork to make a slurry.
- Add the slurry to the buffalo sauce mixture, stir to combine, then pour the sauce over the chicken.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours.
- While the chicken is cooking, make the easiest and healthiest ranch side by combining 1/4 a packet of Hidden Valley ranch dip with 1 cup greek yogurt.
- Once the chicken is out, drizzle with the ranch and prepare to get messy!