Avocado and fries are two of my favorite foods, and I have been wanting to make the combination ever since enjoying them at a restaurant a few years ago. Avocado surprising bakes well, and they came out of the oven crispy and looking like they required much more prep time than they actually do. Paired with ranch (my favorite is Neman's Own) these make for the perfect finger food (and a sure to be party hit).
- 2 large avocados, sliced
- Salt, pepper and cayenne to taste
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup ranch dressing
- 1 chipotle chili in adobo, chopped
- Season the avocado slices with salt and pepper to taste, dredge them in the flour, dip them in the egg and then the Panko breadcrumbs.
- Place the avocado slices on a wire rack on a baking sheet and bake in a preheated 425F oven until golden brown, about 15-20 minutes.
- Serve with a mixture of ranch and chipotle dressing.
Recipe adapted from Closet Cooking