Avocado + eggs + an oven = MAGIC. This must be one of the most nutritious and delicious ways to start your day ever! High in protein and healthy fats to keep you full all morning long. It's like having a twice baked potato for breakfast but better. You could get creative with toppings, too- bacon, mushrooms, tomatoes, etc. Next time I am going add a dusting of good parmesan cheese and a little drizzle of sriracha on top.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
- 2 avocados, halved
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons of fresh chives, chopped
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Paprika to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Halve avocados and remove pits.
- Scoop out a little more avocado to increase the size of the craters.
- Crack an egg into each.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper to your liking.
- Bake for about 15-18 minutes.
- After removing from the oven, immediately garnish with chives and paprika.