These light and fluffy pancakes are the best way to start the morning! This whole wheat and yogurt combination is so good it gives Bisquick a run for its money. And chocolate chips because you can't keep things too healthy.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup low-fat milk
- 1 egg
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp canola oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs. Add milk and yogurt and whisk together.
- Add dry ingredients to the combination and mix well.
- Place a large pan over low-medium heat.
- Melt a little butter in the pan. For each pancake, spoon 2 to 3 tablespoons of batter onto pan, using the back of the spoon to spread batter into little lumps (mine where about 2-3 tablespoons).
- Cook each for approx. 4-6 minutes, flipping throughout.
- Immediately drizzle with maple syrup and top with almonds and chocolate chips!