Nothing like a little winter weather and Josh Groban’s Christmas album to get me into the holiday spirit! Saturday was spent baking these in my pjs and retiring into a cookie coma while watching the snow pile up on my window sill. I love you, winter!!!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 3/4 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature (I prefer vegan :))
- 1/2 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar, for rolling
- 1/2 cup jam of your choice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flours, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat almond butter and butter on medium until smooth. Add brown sugar and beat until fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add egg and vanilla and beat until combined.
- With mixer on low, gradually add flour mixture and beat just until combined (dough will be slightly crumbly)
- Place granulated sugar in a small bowl. Roll level tablespoonfuls of dough into balls and gently roll in sugar to coat.
- Bake until cookies are puffed, 8 minutes.
- Remove from oven and, with the bottom of a round 1/2 teaspoon measuring spoon, make an indentation in center of each cookie.
- Bake until set, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Let cookies cool (appox. 20 minutes)
- Stir jam and spoon 1/2 teaspoon into each indentation.