If broccoli is my true (vegetable) love, cauliflower is a close second. This super easy recipe is both healthy and delicious! The kick of the roasted garlic paired with the sweet, rich lemon pine nuts is perfection. And no butter necessary. :)
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total time: 30minutes
- 2 heads of cauliflower, chopped into small to medium sized pieces (totaling about 2 cups)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 cup of pine nuts
- Juice from 1/4 lemon
- 1 teaspoon of fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine olive oil, minced garlic, salt, and pepper into a small bowl.
- Place cut up cauliflower in a medium sized bowl and add olive oil mixture- toss until evenly coated.
- Place on a baking sheet and put in oven for 20 minutes, flipping half way through.
- While cauliflower is cooking, saute pine nuts and lemon juice on medium-low heat for approx. 5 minutes, or until browned.
- Remove cauliflower and immediately add pine nuts.
- Finish with the fresh parsley.