There is nothing like deep fried onion rings , but this healthy, baked alternative comes pretty close! The coconut milk, egg white, and truffle (!) oil give the rings flavor while the garlic Panko mixture bakes them extra crisp. Also, here is a quick trick for healthy ranch dressing- greek yogurt and a little bit of the Hidden Valley's dip mix. It's not the most glamourous, but only otals about 80 calories for a whole cup and there is nothing artificial in the seasoning. Enjoy!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Slice onions in 1/2 inch rings
- Combine Panko, garlic salt, paprika, salt, and pepper in a bowl and set aside
- Add the whites of eggs, coconut milk, and truffle oil in a different bowl
- Dunk onion slices in wet mixture then coat in Panko blend
- Place covered slices on aluminum covered baking sheet
- Bake for 15 minutes, flip, and bake for another 15 minutes
- While the rings are in the oven, combine 1/4 of Ranch packet with 6 oz of greek yogurt to create dipping sauce
- Remove from oven and enjoy!
- For even more taste: sprinkle with a little parmesan when they are still hot