Since I eat so many cookies, I thought it was about time I experimented with a few (relatively) healthy recipes. Who knew agave, whole wheat flour, and almond butter could yield a chewy, delicious cousin to the all time favorite snickerdoodle?
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 12 minutes
Total time: 27 minutes
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup reduced fat cream cheese
- 1/4 cup of vegan butter
- 2 tablespoons smooth almond butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon agave
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup white flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon (and an additional separate 1/2 teaspoon along with 1/2 tablespoons of white sugar for sprinkling)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place brown sugar, cream cheese, butter, almond butter in a medium bowl and beat with a mixer on a high speed until well combined (approx. 2 min).
- Add vanilla, eggs, and agave; beat until well blended.
- Combine flours, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt with a whisk.
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture; beat at low speed until combined.
- Using a tablespoon, drop dough in rows of four onto the baking sheet.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon-sugar mixture evenly over cookies
- Bake at 350 degree for 12 minutes.
- Remove and enjoy once they cool!