Fall brings about its a unique palette of smells, colors, and tastes, and I consequently find myself craving wholesome and flavorful sandwich combinations. With the recipe, the raw kale provides a little crunch, the creamy goat cheese a seasonal texture and taste, and the prosciutto a salty kick.
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1/4 cup of dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup of goat cheese
- 1/2 cup of fresh kale cut into half-inch ribbons
- Four slices of whole wheat bread
- Four slices of proscuitto
- For the spread, combine cranberries, goat cheese, and lemon juice into a food processor. Mix for about a minute or until cranberries are sufficiently chopped.
- Toast slices of bread then spread the one slice with the goat cheese combination and the other a heaping spoonful of kale and a slice or two of prosciutto.