I roast brussel sprouts all the time (ironic since I refused to eat them for the first 21 years of my life), and wanted to spice things up a bit. A little dijon mustard is the perfect subtle addition to a classic dish. And with grilled chicken and brown rice, its a filling and healthy dish that I enjoy for both lunch and dinner.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 50 minutes
Total time: 60 minutes
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Prepare rice by bringing 2 cups rice, 2 cups water, 2 cups chicken stock, and 1 tbsp. of vegan butter to a boil and then let simmer for 50-55 minutes
- Halve brussel sprouts after washing and place in large bowl
- Whisk together olive oil, salt, pepper, onion salt, and dijon mustard in a small bowl
- Pour onto brussel sprouts and toss to coat
- Place on a sheet pan and roast for 35-40 minutes, until crisp on the outside and tender on the inside
- Meanwhile, grill soy sauce coated chicken
- Sprinkle brussel sprouts with a little more salt immediately when taken out of oven
- Combine and enjoy!