Because we all deserve to treat ourselves every once in awhile, and good things come in small packages.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour 15 minutes
Total time: 1 hour 35 minutes
- Vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature, plus more for pans
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 cups all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled)
- 1/4 teaspoon fine salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 1/4 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups mini chocolate chips
- Confectioner's sugar to coat
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
Spray a 12-cup nonstick mini bundt pan with cooking spray.
In a medium bowl, whisk boiling water into cocoa powder until smooth; whisk in sour cream.
In a large bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
Using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
Beat in eggs, one at a time, until incorporated. Then beat in vanilla.
Add flour mixture in three additions, alternating with 2 additions of cocoa mixture and beat until combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
Scrape batter into prepared pan and bake until tops springs back when lightly touches, 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes.
Transfer to wire rack to cool
While cooling, sprinkle with confectioner's sugar.